Check it out! My little site of bare-bones snarkiness has garnered a Mystery Blogger Award!
Things About Me
With rewards come responsibilities, though of the friendliest sort. The award asks nominees to share 3 things about themselves (can be anything), and answer 5 questions about themselves.
1. I love watching Korean dramas and am currently studying the Korean language. I’m also a huge fan of K-pop girl groups (AOA, SISTAR, Red Velvet, Mamamoo, 2ne1, . . .). And I almost always read something in Korean in bed before dropping off to sleep, even if I don’t understand all of it.
2. I love to play TitanFall, and play on an 8′-wide projector screen. (K-pop girl groups look great on such a huge screen too. 🙂 )
3. I’m remarkably stubborn when I feel something is a matter of principle. I would rather risk the displeasure or even enmity of 1000 people than bend on something that seems just plain wrong to me. This limits my opportunities for lunching and parties, but helps me sleep better.
The 5 Questions posed by the author of Stories for All
1. What is your dream?
To overcome the overwhelming odds against success and actually *sell* a few volumes of poetry–for money! And to publish some volumes of Korean poetry, and maybe even a manhwa or several. (Am writing a bit of each currently.)
2. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Hmm, that I can admit on the Internet? I once streaked naked around a friend’s house on a dare. Without chemical aid.
3. If given the choice, what super power would you want and why?
The ability to magically induce people who over-examine and criticize the lives of others to turn inward and focus more on their own lives. Next to that, the ability to induce other males to understand and treat the women around them better.
4. How would you like to spend a day with your favorite fictional character?
I’d like to hang out with Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice, just to hear her dry, witty commentary on the world around her, and to enjoy being in the proximity of her wholesome girl-next-door beauty. We’d have tea, be visited by suitors seeking hers or her sisters’ favors, and so on. All amidst the pretty English countryside.
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
No. I believe ghosts are actually an attempt to understand natural or psychological phenomena that our conscious minds can’t quite get a handle on. But I also think some of the greatest artistic creations come from the same place.
Blogs I Wish To Nominate
This is a pay-it-forward sort of plaudit, and so I in turn nominate these fine blogs, which are my current favs (in no specific order):
- Feature the award logo/image on your post.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- List the rules.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Tell the readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers and notify them by commenting on their blog.
- Ask the nominees 5 questions of your choice with at least one weird / funny question.
My questions for the Nominees
- Do you prefer poetry or prose and why?
- What super power would you want and why?
- How would you like to spend a day with your favorite fictional character?
- What language that is not your native language or languages are you most interested in?
- What do you read when you are doing number 2?